.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WILLIAMS STUDIO

WILLIAMS STUDIO Offers exceptional Fine Art Sculpture, Prints and a variety of unusual Greeting Cards.

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

I am an active sculptor located in Fort Worth, Texas. My academic background includes a BFA in art from The University of Texas, Austin, an MA in sculpture from The University of Dallas, Irving and an MFA in photography from Texas Christian University, Fort Worth. I was a tenured Professor of Art at Tarrant Community College and first taught at the University of Texas at Arlington. My work has been shown in various competitions and galleries in the USA since 1969 and is held in many private collections. I won First Prize in the international Hewlett Packard competition for the most creative print and was also featured at the annual gallery night in Houston with my "Flying Pies and Cowgirls" one person show at Robinson's Gallery. Resume' available on request. Please contact me at www.williamstudios@hotmail.com

Powered by Blogger

Friday, October 13, 2006


SCULPTURE

TORSO SERIES


Currently, I am working on a series of almost life-sized, apprx. 10"X18", ceramic and some mixed media, wall hangings of female torsos.








My pieces are finished in a variety of ways, usually by glazing, painting or staining them. When it comes to materials, I am not a purist. I enjoy mixing media and believe an artist should feel free to do "whatever works".

After the gray torso (above) was glazed fired, the thorns were overglazed in Mother of Pearl and fired a third time. The pearlized thorns give a seashell quality to the surface.

The blue "patriotic" torso is painted with bisque stain. For depth, I have applied a wood backing to the clay, which is painted in Florescent red. The edges of the cut out stars are outlined with glow-in-the-dark paint giving the piece a feeling of twilight.

The last torso is painted reflective silver and penetrated with orange weedeater wire which transmits light like optic fibers. When lit from behind, she glows!