.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WILLIAMS STUDIO

WILLIAMS STUDIO Offers exceptional Fine Art Sculpture, Prints and a variety of unusual Greeting Cards.

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

I am an active sculptor located in Fort Worth, Texas. My academic background includes a BFA in art from The University of Texas, Austin, an MA in sculpture from The University of Dallas, Irving and an MFA in photography from Texas Christian University, Fort Worth. I was a tenured Professor of Art at Tarrant Community College and first taught at the University of Texas at Arlington. My work has been shown in various competitions and galleries in the USA since 1969 and is held in many private collections. I won First Prize in the international Hewlett Packard competition for the most creative print and was also featured at the annual gallery night in Houston with my "Flying Pies and Cowgirls" one person show at Robinson's Gallery. Resume' available on request. Please contact me at www.williamstudios@hotmail.com

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 09, 2006

CONSTRUCTIONS

Drive Inn, mixed media, 12" x 9" x 7 1/2"H. Abandoned with wrecked cars yet a glowing screen, ready for the movie. One of the largest sculptures in the bed series.






Lassiter Lodge, 12" x 12" 7" H, airbrushed clay with a glazed and grouted ceramic base mounted on wood. My personal memory of Thistle Hill, the Winfield Scott mansion in Fort Worth.








The Dream Bed series range in size from 4" X 6" to these larger ones that are approx. 10"L X 7"W X 8" H each. It was interesting using the bed as a format to re-create snap shots of my life.